SUPERINTENDENT: The Halifax Area School District (under 1000 students; approx. $22 million budget) is looking for its next superintendent. Located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania in the state’s capitol region. Halifax is a small rural school district characterized by a tight-knit community with deep pride. In addition to the statutory requirements and job duties as outlined in the superintendent’s job description, the successful candidate must:
- Understand and be willing to promote the components of a strong character education program;
- Have knowledge of (and some experience with) district budgeting and finance, with an appreciation for a prudent approach to expenditures;
- Display the temperament and skills to build a productive partnership with the Board of School Directors;
- Drive effective building level supervision and excellent classroom teaching to advance the achievement of students;
- Display excellent communication and engagement skills in order to collaborates and interact with all staff and district stakeholders;
- Have experience in and/or knowledge of strategies to maximize the full utilization of all district resources;
- Have a strong work ethic that will drive the consistent effort to be visible, accessible and involved in many functions within a small district environment.
The lead consultant is Tom Templeton, Founder of TEMPLETON Advantage. Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton will receive instructions for submitting an application, clearances and other documentation. Candidates should possess or be eligible for the Pennsylvania superintendent letter of eligibility. Appointment expected in the Summer, 2018. The deadline for candidates to be assured consideration is June 15, 2018. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238, or by email at email@example.com.